Find Your Strengths Checklist
Identifying your strengths and weaknesses can be daunting. Having a good checklist can make a world of difference. This checklist covers everything you need to do to thoroughly evaluate your strengths and weaknesses.
Evaluating Your Strengths and Weaknesses
Write Down the following:
- What do you like to do regularly?
- What do other people think you like to do?
- What do other people say you are good at? Ask a good friend.
- What do you like to talk about?
- What is one mistake you’ve repeated?
Capitalize on Your Strengths
- Practice saying No to events or people that handicap your talents.
- Identify skills you can transfer from home to work and work to home.
- Develop your strengths. Practise your skills.
- Stop doing things you dislike, when possible. ( remember outsourcing )
- Avoid negative people.
- Leave your comfort zone. Finding your comfort edges is how you grow.
Develop Your Skills
- Identify your strengths.
- Take one step a day towards improvement.
- Act like a manager: Develop strengths.
- Define expectations.
Determine if any Weaknesses Matters
- Be honest with yourself, right now.
- Center your activity on what you can do.
- Know that you can do more than you think you can.
- Avoid making excuses.
Use Tools to Help You Identify Your Strengths
- Take at least one personality test.
- Identify famous people with your personality type.
- Read positive books about strengths. ‘Strengths Finder’ by Tom Rath
is highly recommended.
- Find a life coach.
- Identify potential mentors.
Go 4 it!